…because today we are random! In no particular order:
1. Writing time: Wow, universe. You really, really have it out for me right now. You have made me reach into my writing time on two days this week for stuff I can’t schedule any other time, even though it was originally scheduled at another time. This is not cool and sucky. Then you scratch my wheel rim at the dealership yesterday, and grant them remorse, so I must write another day in the auto center. NOT COOL. All I want is some pleasant writing time somewhere nice, me, my laptop, nice music, sort of like where I am right now. Anyway, stop it. I schedule writing time, I write in writing time. I don’t get surprised. At least not this much.
2. Day Job with Teeth: Wow, Kirkwood. When I’m there, I’m like on, right? All I’ve done this week is troubleshoot and test. You owe me. Oh…that’s the whole paycheck thing. Nevermind, then.
3. Taos Slump: Between Day Job with Teeth and Taos Slump, writing has been…harder. Lifting fingers off the keyboard has been…harder. I hope that getting back into my routine helps. So far, yeah, but not appreciating the writing while holding eyes open with toothpicks thing.
4. World Con: Will you be there? I’ll be there. Attending writer ed panels, and stuff. Drinking and stuff.
5. Paradise Icon: Still looking for neo-pros…
6. Workaholics Are Us: So. Day Job. You aren’t helping with the regression thing. Not. At. All. Have been relaxing on the principle of thing. Which starts the cycle of questions about why I’m not writing. Own your free time woman. Own it!
7. Husband: Turned 50. Still cool. Still working on year 26.
8. Pirate Glass: Cruise pirate glass broke. Cheap product from China. Damn! No more pirate juice.
9. This Blog: Sketchy. Kinda busy. If you want books, I expect sketchier.
10. Checking Papers: My goodness. How I’ve missed you, papers! My red pen has been crying out in loneliness!
11. Coffee Shop: May be looking for new first coffee shop. Rock music and student conversations do not rock my writing world. Also, still recognized by Kirkwood crowd. Not cool, not productive. This place is kind of cool. The drama! It burns!
That’s what’s been up with me. In more concrete terms, I am living my very full life, and hope that it gets a little less full soon. I’m going to go back to working on the first third of Abby Rath. After cocktails and supper. Yes, cocktails. We do that sometimes.