More folklore! Tonight, facts about the dead.
1. Evil souls are heavier than good souls. If you’re really evil, the horses can’t pull your funeral hearse.
2. Dead folks will come back to visit lovers and children, so you have to use rituals to keep these dead folks away, because they can hurt you.
3. Revenants will come back for justice and revenge. If you wrong someone in life, you can expect a vengeance visit in death. You can also separate the bones of the dead, and receive a visit from a revenant.
4. Revenants can come back for friendly, helpful reasons as well.
5. Ghosts are impersonal, and usually not people you know. They will attack you and make you sick, but only because that’s what they do, and not because of malicious intent.
6. Greed is considered the worst of sins, and the souls of the greedy are doomed to walk the earth.
7. Mothers are often haunted by babies they have killed out of wedlock, secretly.
8. Boundary ghosts make sure that land thefts do not occur, and will haunt boundary stones and borders.
It’s interesting to see a culture’s priorities in regard to its undead.
6809 / 90000 words. 8% done!
Tonight, faerie godmothers in tea rooms. Oh, so stubbly and rough! Tomorrow, the antagonists need to show up.